Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Last night I continued my journey with sharing my story of childhood incest. It has been a journey of many ups and downs. Unknown's and emotional torture from the enemy himself.

But I will say God has met me right where I am at. It has been so freeing and I know my heavenly father loves me so dearly.

Last night when I was done with my second interview I felt this incredible sense of relief. Peace and a calmness I haven't felt before. I think being able to speak my truth in the enviroment I was in, was the key.

Sure I was nervous I still even after doing this once before, I still felt sick to my stomach. My nerves were a mess until I sat down, camera's all around and my shakey voice started to speak.

I can't say I feel my interview was powerful yet, they say it was. But until I see it all I know is how I feel now that it is done.

It is awesome. My God is so faithful, he is crazy for what he has in mind but yet he is not that crazy at all. He provided for me, he held me, he loved me so well. I couldn't be any luckier or happier with how it went.

Except, ok maybe the guy coming out in the middle of my interview and my brief freak out moment. That was hard I will admit, it was harmless but it was right in the middle of a hard part of my story, and I panicked.

If you would have asked me 17 years ago or even 5 years ago if I would have done this. I would have told you that you were out of your dam mind. I think I said I was out of my mind even a month ago, but there is so much incredible power behind telling your story.

Saying it twice so far has one, made it real. Two given it power and three taken the power out of the story and given it back to me.

I slept so well last night too which is hard to believe, I laid in bed held in my husbands arms and then drifted off. I forgot to pray before bed I was so mentally exhausted from my interview and sitting through someone else's. But I did pray with Nan when I got home, and I know even had I not prayed. He knew what was in my heart and what I needed to feel that peace.

He is faithful, he is good, loving and met me right where I was. He calmed the storm and provided refuge. You can't get much better than that. Honestly.

For so long I have felt so broken beyond ever being loved by anyone, let alone someone so high. But that's all he wants. God just wants us to trust him, to go to him, lean on him and be aware of him. GIve him our everything, the ups the downs and praise him for all the good and bad. It has taken me this long to say, "God you are good, and you are right. There is beauty in the ugliest ashes of my life. And I trust you now."

I can't wait to see what else he has in store for me, what else he will do and bring through me. He sure hasn't let me down yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment