Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Face first

Sometimes I fall face first.....

What I mean by that is I simply don't have it all together, like one may think.

I read another Hope mom's blog recently about falling short so I decided to follow suit.

I have gotten many comments about how well together my family is, how outgoing I am, how great I look etc.....

Truth is yes, I try. But almost every single day I fall face first.

When I try so hard with one thing, something will be neglected. I have so many roles. I am a mom, a wife, a daughter, friend, christian. And it's so hard to meet each of these things every single day.

I try hard to focus on my health right now and being a good godly example. But with that I still have 5 kids at home, and a husband to please. I can't do it all.

For the longest time this bothered me, I would be exhausted trying to be everything to everyone and still be Angela. In fact, I neglected myself for 9.5 years easy. I hid behind the mom card.

And over the past 9 months I am gaining her back, or I should say redefining her. It's so strange... and yet so freaking cool. Losing 63lbs in 9 months, and trusting God with everything, redefining life by Christs example.

Yet, I know something will not be done to the level I expect of myself.

But I have expected myself to fall face first somedays. It's ok.

Family and God first, next I try my freaking hardest to be the best friend I can be. Treat others as you want to be treated is a motto I live by daily.

If I want people to love me I love them, if I want phone calls/texts I text them. My husband included as well. I try to let anyone around me I care about know I love them. But again.... I have fallen face first a few times. I forget things, or I try too hard.

Falling face first hurts.... But I know I will be ok. Just live each day trying as hard as I can.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you ever fall short. You do an amazing job of loving the people in your life and being the greatest person you can be. In my eyes you have done it all. We can't be everything to everyone, but we can be something to someone! You are awesome... Lots of people see all your talent, love and amazing gifts and we appreacite what you share with us. Be gentle to yourself and see how wonderful you are. You aren't perfect no one is, but you are an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete