Thursday, March 1, 2012

A constant reminder

I have struggled a little bit lately with just stuff is all I can say. Deep dark crap really and I decided that I have wanted to have a daily reminder of my Heavenly father's love on me.

Not something I can hide from, wash away etc. Something that’s permant. So I decided to get Beloved tattooed on my wrist. Where I will always see it and more siginfinate is that it's right above where I used to cut. I didn't notice that the other day until he put the transfer on my wrist and then I was worried about its placement. But my friend reminded me that's one of the best spots for it.

I fall short often of remembering I have value, I am loved if by no one else by the most important person my father. I don't have an earthy father so it's not always easy to remind myself that I am loved by someone of importance, and I often second guess his love for me when I feel like a fish out of water through life sometimes.

I always feel like clay on a potter’s wheel but sometimes I feel stiff and useless. God can always mold me and all things are possible with him.

So here is my work of art; my reminder that I am his always and forever.



It's only been a day but I've found myself starring at it often and loving having a visual reminder of my worth in his eyes. It was painful but not near the pain I went through to get to this point in my life. The scars from cutting are a reminder of my past and my hurt, shame, guilt and struggle. This is a reminder of where I am going and who's I am.

Crazy how I went from the girl who said she would never ever get a tattoo, to having three. One on my back of my sweet Ethan's footprints and date, one on my ankle of dandelions to represent my husband and I and 6 little whispers to represent my kids. And now this final reminder of my value and worth in God's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment